E-mail me at hamintheturlet@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Today I had my picture taken at some of the chalk that is still left downtown by a News-Press photographer.

They wrote this story.

The Reporter called the interim City Manager and told her about the story.
He says that he won't allow them to award us a permit even if I ask.

It seems like the issue isn't so much about graffiti, it's more bout what's deemed an appropriate memorial.

"Al Abdo, acting city manager, said even if Filkowski applies for a permit, he won't be granted one. He said because Filkowski’s memorial consists only of chalked names, and is not immediately recognized as a memorial, it won’t be allowed to continue."


I wonder what this could mean..

I think that's not all of what the paper is going to say tomorrow, because, the reporter told me a few sentences of her story, so, maybe it may be a little more in depth in the paper tomorrow.

4 comments:

Holley Rauen said...

You go Willie!!!!

Cathy E said...

Willie, what a great cause! I applaud and fully suppport your efforts to bring attention to the senseless tragedy of our young men and women dying in Iraq. If you obtain permission to continue your project. let me know and I will help you!

Taylor. said...

Hey, Willie.
This is an awesome cause. Tell me if/when you get permission and I'll be out there helping.

Taylor.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.