E-mail me at hamintheturlet@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Monday, August 6, 2007

Access Granted!

The wait is over.

Our meeting with Councilman Mike Flanders, and City Engineer Saeed Kazemi went so well!

We have an arial map of downtown, with Xs on the patches of sidewalk we can't use.

Let me explain..
Due to construction in the city, and contracting stuff going on, the City of Ft. Myers doesn't technically own all of the sidewalks in the city. Yet.

So, they gave me a map of the parts that they do own, and told me to go ahead. They are in full support of the project and appreciate what I am doing.

We will be in contact so that I can find out when the city will finally own some of the roads and sidewalks, which they will grant permission for us to continue.

As for now, we will start again in Centennial Park, and continue with where we left off. We will use as much of Centennial Park's sidewalks as we can, and then most likely continue on down Edwards Drive.

The City, Mike Flanders, and Saeed Kazemi are going to write me an 'official' letter that I will carry, that permits me to continue with the project on the sidewalks owned by the city.. They are also calling the Police Department to tell them that I have been given permission to continue on city owned property.

The fact of the matter is, I was mostly on 'privately owned' property. The city stopped me, because, although they like the project, they can't let me continue.

So, it is no longer a matter of the city not liking the project, or not allowing it to continue or thinking it graffiti, it is an issue of continuing to 'paint' on the city's/publicly owned 'canvas.'

Thank you all for your support, and I hope to see all of you out there tomorrow night, at 6:00 in Centennial Park.

Aug. 7, Centennial Park,
@ 6:00


If you could all come out, that would be great.
Show your support, and help chalk some names in!

See you there!

Willie Filkowski
Chalkman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

willie willie!

justin and i will be there tomorrow at 6. :D